Tuesday, September 23, 2014


About Me


I was born with a congenital dislocated hip – hence the “ugly duckling” analogy.  I must say that the children around me didn’t make a big deal of it and my parents did their best to try and fit the square peg into the round hole.   I recall playing ball in the backyard and my mother giving us all instructions that I could bat the ball and if I recall correctly, I could run to first base and someone else was appointed to run the rest of the way for me.  I went roller skating and oh was it fun when there was someone there to hold me up!  I learned to dance and that was the joy of my life!



One episode that is indelible in my mind took place on a cold icy winter day on the way to school.  A bunch of kids were walking to school and I was having a very hard time catching up but I was determined to keep going.  When we came to a hilly area (yes…can you believe it, on the flat terrain of Manitoba) it was very slippery and somehow I got left behind.  I was on all fours, close to panicking but determined to do this on my own.  I would manage one step up and slide down a little further.  The rest of the episode is somewhat foggy.  I believe that one of the neighbors saw me and came to my rescue.




The Hip has been my protagonist; it has held center stage in my life from day one to this very day and I now realize that it has been the harbinger of Light and Truth and Love and Peace and Wisdom at every stage of my life.  The ugly duckling made the Light of Truth shine so intensely through the darkness.  I once thought that if I found the Child my tangible world would be transformed, health and wealth and perfect relationships would ensue.  For me this hasn’t been so but from the bottom of my heart I can say that the adversities of life do not even cast a shadow on the beauty, the tender feelings, the serenity and the Joy of Being.






Since the purpose of my blog is to present my venture and adventure into self-discovery and coming Home to that aspect of my Self that is my joyful Child Heart, I believe this should suffice to set a basis for how I chose to present myself .




I would also like to share that I could never ever have come anywhere near this discovery without William Samuel and Sandy Jones. They had and have it right.  They so lovingly pointed me in the right direction but I had to find my own way Home.  To Bill and to Sandy, thank you ever so much.  I love you to the moon and back.



No comments:

Post a Comment