Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Up the Stairs with Crutches






I use the back entrance to my apartment building because it shortcuts most of my outings. I’m holding one crutch in one hand and the second crutch sideways in the same hand and climbing those five or six steps with a bag of groceries draped over my neck and I’m feeling very tired. I’m inching my way up when my Heart softly reminds me: "I will never leave you". The feeling, the experience is indescribable. There is an unimaginable calmness. It is magical, awesome, ethereal. A calmness and sense of all-rightness floods my whole being. I cannot earn or deserve this precious gift; I cannot give it to anyone because It is the very essence of my being. It is the Child Heart that is my living soul - the precious necklace that the ISIS warrior with the sharp sword in hand is fighting for but doesn’t know that it already hangs upon his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment