Saturday, October 1, 2016

First Steps


First Steps

When I first discovered William Samuel's message I knew it was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  I must say however that for me there were some stumbling blocks over old beliefs that I was never allowed to question, religious beliefs that I was indoctrinated with.  Though I DID question a lot of it I was shocked when I read that Jesus was not, literally, the one and only Son of God...third person of the Trinity.  To me, that was blasphemy!  I felt disappointed, let down and wasn't about to sell my soul "to the company store!"  

Bless his soul, William Samuel did not leave me hanging with this statement.  

 Here is what he had to say about that:

"I am not throwing "Christianity" out as such. But I AM certainly reinterpreting it in the light of the deep heartfelt and growing intuition I have that Jesus of Nazareth was not the "only" son of God that dies for our sins, but was a Jewish mystic, an ordinary man who had an extraordinary awakening to his own true nature.  I think he clearly saw the non-separation of God, himself, all people and animals and the whole universe and even the cosmos and everything in it.  But my deepest sense is that he saw himself as just like us, our brother, not our ruler.  He is for me an exemplar, not a pedestal dweller that we can keep comfortably above us to worship rather than beside us to walk the journey with.

My sense more and more is that he came to tell us that we are ALL ONE in the "Christ", the annointed one, the cherished one, the dearly beloved son and daughter of God.  We are ALL that Reality of Universal Christ-Consciousness.  That consciousness is the essence that is inherent in each of us.

One of the words he used the most in his teachings, that preceded almost every teaching he gave, was the imperative, "LOOK".  He seemed to often say, "Look!  Behold!  The kingdom of God is like...." Then he would proceed to tell a story, give an analogy, make a comparison from some everyday, ordinary example.  I model my own teaching method on his in that respect because he is first and foremost my Sat-guru, my "ground" or primary teacher.

Like him, I want to de-mystify and make accessible, the "kingdom of God" that dwells already in our deepest heart of heart...and that has been there all along! "
It took a while to get comfortable with this information.  William Samuel does not make statements that one cannot test and prove for themselves. 

 
I did work with it and and I tested it for myself.  I am so happy to say that I would never have published these words had I not confirmed them for myself.

                        



 








No comments:

Post a Comment