Sunday, December 25, 2016





                         CONTENTMENT


Someone wrote me:  "...I probably need a ‘kick-start’ and a re-booting to get started and all will be well again..."

The reply came to me as follows:
      
 ...From my own living experience, I know that when I come to a fresh new view, a new understanding, I am so contented I want to be like the old dog on my 'Contentment' page, I want to take my 'retirement' and let the world go by and just lean on the fence post because the peace I feel is so complete that nothing can be added or removed from it.  The joy in my heart is so satisfying that I seem to have 'arrived' but I never get to just stay there...I am pushed...always pushed on to greater heights ... and kicked if I refuse to move!  
    

   It is somewhat like my experience with the computer.  I am not enamored with computers; the technical aspect is not my forte. I love what the computer can do for me but I wish it was as simple as driving a car.  I do not have to be a mechanic to drive my car  but the computer insists that we have a two-way communication.  "Garbage in/garbage out" is its constant refrain!  I must get it right and it isn't at all forgiving!  The darned computer is so demanding...it insists that I be in tune with it but it keeps reinventing itself and I have to keep up with it or I become helpless... impotent.  And so I bend and learn what I must and as soon as I'm once more competent enough to do what I want to do, there is sure to be an update, an upgrade, seemingly a more sophisticated way, a better way or perhaps even a simpler way to accomplish my work, or it is the added thing.  I have no choice; reluctantly, I put my shoulder to the task but it never lets me rest...there is always a new mountain to climb.  
     
                                                    

 It is very much like the spiritual quest.  Is that because this tangible world is the moving light that flickers and dances and is never still, ever wandering, trying to get home to Still Light that actually contains it and is everywhere present? Still Light has no place to go because it is all and therefore it is always here where I am and is perfectly still...at rest...in quietness...at peace.
     
                                          
Having wandered away from home we know what home is by knowing what it is not via a process of knowing and unknowing.  As William Samuel said: "Bill Tuesday is not Bill Wednesday..."   What we learn one day we are forced to unknow the next day as we move on from glory to glory!  It's better than a trip around the world!
    And so, Charlie, here you go!  Consider yourself kick-started and re-booted!

Loving Light to all of you,
Rose Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment